Susan Latham was born in 1821 in Shelby Texas to John Latham and Marquerita Rosalie Sims. Susan is found on the 1835 Census of Tenahaw as the 14 year old daughter of John Lathan. It appears she married William D. Brandon shortly after that census was taken. Their first child was born in September 1835.
William and Susan and six of their children are found on the 1850 Newton Texas Census.
Susan is found on the 1880 Shelby Texas Census as the mother-in-law of AJ Windham.
William D. Brandon was born in 1811 in Tennessee. He died in 1859 in Newton Texas.
1. John Brandon was born 11 Sept 1835. He died 10 Apr 1905. John married De Blancha Lamberth, daughter of Elisha A. Lamberth and Nancy Anderson, 9 February 1876 in Sabine Texas. She was born 23 September 1849. She died 2 April 1904. They appear to have had at least five children.
John and De Blancha are found on the 1880 Sabine Texas Census with two children.
They are found on the 1900 Sabine Texas Census, with three sons and a female boarder.
2. William M. Brandon was born about 1839.
3. James Brandon was born about 1841.
4. King Brandon was born about 1843.
5. Nathaniel Green Brandon was born 31 January 1847 in Shelby Texas. He died 27 August 1925. He married Julia Ann Flanagan, daughter of Robert Montgomery Flanagan and Matilda Watkins, 12 November 1873 in Sabine Louisiana. Julia was born 22 February 1859 in Sabine Parish. She died in 28 January 1925. They appear to have had thirteen children, including one set of twin boys.
Nathaniel and Julia are found on the 1880 Sabine Louisiana Census, with two children.
They are found on the 1900 Nacogdoches Texas Census, with eight children.
They are found on the 1910 Nacogdoches Texas Census, with three children.
They are found on the 1920 Nacogdoches Texas Census, just the two of them.
6. Rebecca Brandon was born about 1849.
7. Mary Jane Brandon was born about 1852. She married Alfred H. Reese. He was born about 1831 in Georgia, the son of Henry Littleton Reese. They appear to have had at least six children.
Alfred and Mary Jane are found on the 1880 Jasper Texas Census, with six children and Mary Jane’s sister Elizabeth Brandon.
8. Elizabeth Brandon was born 4 October 1855 in Newton Texas. She died 14 September 1936 in Liberty Texas. She married Samuel Squier on 21 October 1880 in Jasper Texas. Samuel was born 14 Jul 1852 in Covington Alabama to Elijah Squier and Mary Thompkins. He died 22 Dec 1941 in San Jacinto Texas. Both are buried in Magnolia Cemetery, San Jacinto County Texas. Elizabeth and Samuel had at least seven children.
Elizabeth and Samuel are found on the 1900 Liberty Texas Census, with six children.
They are found on the 1920 Liberty Texas Census, just the two of them.
9. Josephine Brandon was born 25 December 1859 in Newton Texas. She died 7 October 1906 in Shelby Texas. She married Benjamin Franklin Windham, son of Jackson Houston Windham and Mary Allen, about 1879. He was born 16 March 1861 in Mississippi. He died 10 March 1934 in Shelby Texas. Josephine is buried in East Hamilton Cemetery and Benjamin in Strong Cemetery; both located in Shelby Texas. They appear to have had at least five children. After Josephine passed, Benjamin married twice more. He and 3rd wife Addie Shull appear to have had at least three children.
Josephine and Benjamin are found on the 1880 Shelby Texas Census, with one daughter.
They are found on the 1900 Shelby Texas Census, with five children.
Benjamin and 2nd wife Charlotte are found on the 1910 Shelby Texas Census, with three children. Ben and Josephine’s two youngest sons and Charlotte’s daughter.
Benjamin and 3rd wife Addie Shull are found on the 1920 Shelby Texas Census, with three sons. Ben and Josephine’s youngest son plus Ben and Addie’s two.